Monday, July 9, 2007

GSS and Wi-Fi

I keep wanting to talk about the above: Great Singapore Sale (GSS) and Wireless@SG Programme (Wi-Fi).

But i was rather busy with work last week. Then after which i went to Bali. =)
So this entry may seem rather late, afterall GSS ends this month.

But what the heck! Cuz there was no satisfying shopping spree for me at all! I can't believe it... o_O Everyone seems to be able to buy tonnes & tonnes of new items, clothes, shoes, bags, you name it, they got it. And when Mango was having THE SALE, i did not even buy a SINGLE item from Mango. Duh! So far, i have only managed to buy extremely casual clothings, eg shorts to wear to the beach or casual tops. All i just want to buy is some Office Apparel. =( Is it really that difficult?

Anyway...

That day, i was all geared up for a shopping spree but i ended up buying NOTHING. Even after walking around the whole shopping complex, meticulously entering each and every shop, and lastly going through all clothings on the racks, for 2hours! (After all, Parkway Parade isn't really that big, otherwise, nothing made me stop in my tracks.) Oh, and i did try on tops too!

Thus i decided to let my poor tired feet rest and indulge myself in some self-pity-cum-sulking moments, while waiting for Kelvin to pick me up.

I went to Starbucks to treat myself to a deserving cold drink sitting at a cool & comfy location, where i could see all the hustling & bustling happening before me.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Then i got bored. I did not buy any magazines cuz the ones that i usually read were bought and at home. I had NOTHING to do.

Recalling about Wi-Fi, i decided to give it a try, with my Nokia E65 (i know the screen is small but what to do, i was bored).

In case, you do not know what is Wi-Fi, it is a free wireless programme for certain locations is Singapore. Most useful for people with nothing to do but equipped with a laptop or 3G mobile phone.

For more info on the Wireless@SG Programme, click
here. Decided to register for it? Ok, click here.

Luckily, there was Wi-Fi @ Parkway, then i started surfing blogs and even the street directory. haha! I must say, it's really quite fun to surf the WorldWideWeb when u are outdoors with nothing to do and furthermore at no $cost$ at all.

The only hindrance was that my mobile screen was abit too small for my liking.

Nonetheless, count the little blessings. =) It managed to keep me occupied till he came to fetch me.

ps: Recently, I even booked last minute movie tickets, thru Wi-Fi, while i was in town. Booking seats? No prob too! There is NOTHING i can't do now! =)

Alternatively, if the area you are around has no Wi-Fi, then go to the nearest MacDonald's.

No comments:

Post a Comment