Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Poignant Notes

You laid aside Your majesty,
Gave up everything for me.
Suffered at the hands of those You had created.

You took away my guilt and shame,
When You died and rose again.
Now today You reign,
And heaven and earth exalt You.

I really want to worship You my Lord
You have won my heart and I am Yours
Forever and ever, I will love You.

You are the only one who died for me,
Gave Your life to set me free.
So I lift my voice to You in adoration.

[Easter Sunday] His love affirmed in this song broke down the wall of silence around my heart.
That afternoon, I received a note from a friend. Mate, if I may......
"Dear Shou Vien, may the joy of the risen Christ fill your heart and touch every part of your life. The Lord has risen, alleluia."

Unlike folks who always do the right things and say the right words so that the order of the universe as we know it will not be disrupted,
I tend to fair badly in the "social-political landscape". I must admit that I do have my character weaknesses and areas that I need to work on.
And these do handicap the relationships in my life. Aspirations await fulfillment. Love desires expression. Sincerity expects demonstration.

Finding solace in solitude allows me to be turned around by Him and thus find rest for the soul.
Let Him wash away the stains of pain and shame, and soften a hardened heart before returning to face the world and its poignant fluidity.
Perhaps then I will bring lesser pain and disappointment into a world that is already so full of them.

I do not know any other way except to trust that God will turn things around and even the hearts of those I have wounded.
Some say that trust has to be earned but perhaps it can also be entrusted, so that it may be received, hence empower and liberate.
Perceiving does not set me on a higher pedestal than the next person. On the contrary, it highlights the lack in my walk.

O LORD, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off.
You comprehend my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways. Psalm 139:1-3 NKJV.

Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?
If I ascend into heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.

If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there Your hand shall lead me,
and Your right hand shall hold me. Psalm 139:7-10 NKJV.


Matheses,
Sv ".+


01/04/2008 17:49

No comments:

Post a Comment