Sunday, August 24, 2008

what luck!

My new office is located on the 34th storey, the main lobby's lift is at the 2nd storey.

On Friday, the story starts...

My mentor and i had to go for a client visit at 3.30pm at 1 Raffles Quay, which is a mere 10 mins from my office building.

At 3pm the fire alarm rang, but alas a false alarm... We left the office at 3.10pm to take the lift.

ALL THE LIFTS WERE NOT WORKING!!!! NOT EVEN THE CARGO LIFT!!!

Options we had:
1) Wait for the lift to operate. However, we had no idea on how long that would take. And we could end up being VERY late for the meeting.
0r
2) Walk down the stairs. And perhaps be only slightly late for the meeting.

What choice does one have when we are the ones visiting the client??? We are left with only Option 2.

In my 3-inches stilettos, i walked down from the 34th floor to the 23rd. But i felt that it was taking up much precious time, so i took off my shoes and continue to proceed downstairs barefooted. In total, it took us near 10 mins.

By the time, we met the client, it was 3.35pm. Luckily, he was a very nice fella.

However, inside his room, wearing my jacket, after rushing down the stairs and across the road to his office tower... As i was sitting there, my sweat steadily dripped onto my jacket.

Embarrassingly, i had to take out my tissue and wipe away the sweat. A few times.

This is my first client visit and it is definitely not a memorable experience. I really wonder what first impression does the client has of me.

Am i unlucky or what!?

ps: I'm so weak... My legs and hips muscles are aching once again...
.

No comments:

Post a Comment